"But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him."
John 4:23 (ESV)
I have been mediatating on this verse for the last 2 weeks. I have found myself saying it over and over in my head and every time feels like I'm just hearing it for the first time. I've always been told "worship is a lifestyle," yet we continually model this idea of 'worship' as an event or activity. I've been really convicted about how my everyday, normal activities are a form of worship. The words I speak throughout the day, the things I read, the things I listen to, the things I watch, the attitude I have while driving or shopping, the way I take care of my body, etc etc etc....are these things bringing glory to Christ? Am I truly seeking to be in the Lord's presence every minute? I know for sure that when I'm away from Him, it's not good. Like the verse says, the hour is now here. The Father seeks true worshipers now. Not just on Sunday mornings for 2 hours. We have the priviledge of coming together corporately as the body of Christ to worship Almighty God yet we waste so much of that time because we are not already filled with the Holy Spirit. We come and sit in our comfy little pew and wait to be fed SO THAT we will be able to worship. How backwards!!!! Here's a thought: What if everyone who came to church on Sunday morning was spilling over in worship and praise for Jesus because of their pursuit and discovery of Him during the week? True, authentic worship. I resolve to strive for it everyday. Not because I'm told to, but because Jesus is worthy to receive all honor and glory.
Now changing gears.
What the heck is up with this weather? I feel like I'm in the rain forest. Just saying.
I have determined that should the Lord decide to bless me with children one day I will expose them to things that I never really did often as a kid. I will take my kids camping (both in the backyard and on a real camp site), I will spend the summer in the library with them, I will encourage them to be involved in extracirriculars (even though it will end up costing a fortune), I will send them to a cooking class (unless their daddy can cook and then he can teach them!), I will pray with them before they go to sleep, I will share the Christmas story with them before opening presents on Christmas Day, I will work with them in a soup kitchen or something similar, and I will make sure they spend every available possible moment with their dad. There's more, but enough of this random thought!
The weirdest thing just happened. Wow. Small world.
No comments:
Post a Comment