17 December 2008

I NEED YOU!!!!

If I tried to give a short testimony about my experience in Moldova, it would probably be longer than the entire Twilight saga!! If you know me, then it's no secret that my life has been insanely changed and my view of God tremendously expanded over the last five years that I have been going. I am writing this to tell you about an opportunity and experience that YOU can have! God has, once again, laid it on my heart to return to Moldova this summer and to kick it up a notch (DAMN! inside joke...sorry...but it's really funny!) and bring an even bigger team along with me. Last year I had 3 people agree to go with me and we were able to devote ourselves to serving one particular orphanage and one local church. This year, I am planning to take a team through Crossover Communications International and I need 11 people to commit to go.

We are going to be working in a village (more than likely somewhere close to the capital city, Chisinau). Our purpose and goal is to assist a church planter and serve him and his church in any way we can. We are there to encourage them, invite others in the village to church, minister to them, and share Jesus with them. I'm looking for people who are dirty, rotten sinners just like me who just want to be obedient and serve Jesus! I'm looking for college students all the way up to 100 year olds. I'm looking for people who love children, people who love to build, people who love to talk, people who love to listen, people who love to sing, people who love to dance, people who love to meet others, people who love to sew, people who love Jesus. Yes, this trip could be considered a typical international mission trip, but for me it's so much greater. And I think that if you heard testimonies from other people who have been they would say the same thing. People in Moldova are searching and many have found what they were seeking because of God's power and grace, and because of obedient people like you and me who give of our time, energy, and resources to pour Christ's love into them.

This isn't just a plea because I need 11 people...which I do :)....but rather an invitation for you to take part in something great. Sounds great Michelle...but how much is this going to cost me? I will just lay it out there...the cost of the trip is $1,292 plus airfare. So, you're looking at probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $2,700. Yikes. That's a ton of money. Yes, it is...but I can tell you with 100% assurance that there is absolutely no way that I could have gone to Moldova 5 summers in a row without God providing. 4 out of the 5 summers I've been I have asked for ZERO support. No letters, I just asked for prayer. And, God has provided every cent every year. Does it seem impossible to raise almost $3000 in 5 months especially with the economy the way it is right now? Yes! However, I know that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!

If you are even remotely interested in going, the dates are June 25-July 5, 2009. I need you and I want you to go. Not for me, but so that people in Moldova would see and meet Jesus! Please contact me if you are interested. I would LOVE to talk to you. Email me at marymichelleard@yahoo.com and then we can talk more directly. I appreicate you reading this and ask for your prayers as I continue trying to plan and get this thing going!

No comments: