30 December 2008

My Prayer Today

My Precious Savior,
I have felt your presence in a very real way this morning. As I have spent time with You, You have reminded me time and time again today that You are my everything. You are my Creator, my Sustainer, my Life, my Love, my Rock, my Peace, my Protection, and the Giver of all things. Jesus, anything remotely good in my life is a reflection of the incredible goodness that you lavish upon me everyday. Father, as I have talked to you this morning about my struggles and my frustrations, You have heard me and responded to me in that all too familiar voice that I tend to shut out so many times...your voice of love and affirmation. It baffles my mind that I yearn to hear that from other people when You will speak Your love and affirmation everyday into my life if I allow You to and seek You with my heart. As I have already sung this morning in my office the words "break my heart for what breaks Yours," I pray that you would remove anything that is keeping me from hearing Your voice and giving You the praise and worship You deserve. God, I am striving to be genuine. I want to be the person who reflects Christ and who He is. I want to love Your people and I want to serve them. Jesus, You are living and active and a world that is lost and dying is in need of Your love and Your grace. God, grow me into a child that You are proud to call Yours. Remove the filth that daily consumes my life: jealousy, envy, bitterness, pride, negativity, and everything else the enemy uses to attack me. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, My God. Continue to break me until I realize I'm nothing without You. Give me discernment and wisdom in the situations that I need it and desire it the most. Guard my heart like only you can and please don't let me near it. Jesus, You are amazing and I worship you because of who You are. All of my life, in every season, You are still God and I have a reason to sing and worship!
My prayer is in the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior!

No comments: