I think one of the greatest compliments a Christian can receive is "there's something....eh....different about you!" I've been thinking about this after talking with a new friend here in Moldova. This person is not a follower of Christ. God has been giving me opportunities to share about Him and love on her and she has been very willing to listen. I have been feeling this urgency to pray multiple times daily for her salvation. Well, one day last week we were talking and she said "I really enjoy spending time with you. You are not like most people here in Moldova. You smile and you have a positive outlook on life. You're different. There is something different about you."
Normally when I describe someone as 'different' I am trying to politely say that they are very strange! So I was thinking about this in terms of how we, as Christians, are to carry the name of Christ. Given the fact that over half of the world's population does not know Jesus as their Savior allows me the right to say that being a Christian is not the norm. When people look at us they see one of two things: 1. they see us or 2. they see Jesus. The beauty for those who follow Christ is that "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." If we are in Christ, we are different! If we are in Christ, He is in us! If we are in Christ, when the world looks at us they see HIM! We seriously can't be so self-centered to think that we are any kind of good apart from Christ.
Christian, rejoice when you are labeled different! It's the most flattering and encouraging thing you will ever hear on this earth!
No comments:
Post a Comment